Invisalign uses a series of clear, removable aligners to move your teeth into the proper position gradually. Invisalign aligners are removable, so patients can take them out to eat, brush and floss their teeth, and for special occasions. At Frank N. Johnson, D.D.S., P.A, Invisalign aligners are custom-made from BPA-free clear plastic, so they’re barely noticeable when worn. Invisalign is also completely metal-free, so you don’t have to worry about irritating your mouth or gums.
How Does Invisalign Work?
Invisalign treatment is appropriate for patients of all ages, including children, teens, and adults. The treatment uses a series of clear, removable aligners to shift your teeth into the desired position gradually. The aligners are worn for about two weeks, removing them when you eat, drink, or brush your teeth. We recommend that you wear the aligners for 22 hours per day.
Invisalign aligners are suitable for patients with mild to moderate alignment and bite issues. Invisalign is discreet, allowing you to straighten your teeth without covering your mouth with metal brackets and wires.
The Advantages of Invisalign
Invisalign is best suited for adults and teenagers with mild to moderate malocclusion. Invisalign is also great for patients who need to treat spacing issues and minor overbite and underbite corrections. Invisalign uses a series of clear, removable aligners to shift the teeth into place gradually. Other benefits of Invisalign are:
- Unlike traditional metal braces, Invisalign aligners are removable, which makes brushing and flossing easy.
- Because Invisalign aligners are customized to fit your teeth, they are more comfortable than traditional metal braces.
- Because Invisalign aligners are clear, they are hardly noticeable. Your teeth won’t look any different while wearing them, so you don’t have to worry about feeling embarrassed about your smile.
- Invisalign can improve your smile’s appearance by straightening your crooked teeth, closing gaps, and aligning your bite.
- Additionally, Invisalign aligners are removable, so wearers can eat what they want. Traditional braces require the wearers to avoid hard, sticky, and crunchy foods.
How Long Does Invisalign Take To Work?
The Invisalign process can take anywhere from three to twelve months to complete. Actual treatment time varies based on the complexity of a patient’s orthodontic condition. Most patients experience noticeable results within a few months, but treatment times are unique to each patient’s smile.
Invisalign is a series of clear, removable teeth aligners that are custom-fabricated to fit comfortably over your teeth. To learn more about the benefits of Invisalign, contact a dentist in Topeka, KS - Frank N. Johnson, D.D.S., P.A. at 1244 SW Oakley Ave, Topeka, KS 66604, or call (785) 357-7706.